Something girly this time. While I was in Bowen looking after my Daughter for 3 months as she was recovering from Thyroid Cancer, I made her this rug. I ran out of wool and a lovely lady from New Zealand sent me a couple of balls. I also did the pattern in three different colours just to make it a bit bigger. The pattern is called the Virus Blanket and the directions are very easy to follow.
Over the Christmas Patchwork Break someone suggested that we make these flowers and swap them on our first day back at patchwork so that everyone ended up with one flower from each person. We also had to put our name and year on it too. I managed to get mine all done but as I am not into hand work the lady that runs the Patchwork Group also has an Embroidery Machine so she had the digitized which made it a bit easier for me. So now we have to make all the flowers into something for judging in a few months time. Will have to get my thinking cap on for that.
When I was In Bowen helping my daughter I meet some of her beautiful friends that have also been helping her. I decided to make them a book cover with a diary as a thank you gift, I also made Cooper one for his Teacher. The Book Cover design was from Kreative Kiwi and the designs on the front came from Stitch Delight and the Apple was just in my stash. I was very happy how they turned out and the book covers came with very easy to follow directions.