Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Bag for Alphabet !!!!

I thought that Cooper would need a bag for his alphabet. I had always wanted to make a snap bag .  I got the idea from The Tattered Garden.  The idea of using a  metal tape measure for the bag closure sounded like a great idea.
Cooper won't have an excuse for not putting his alphabet away. Another project crossed off my bucket list !!!!


Friday, 21 June 2013

Rag Alphabet !!!!!

I made this Rag Alphabet for Cooper.  I did one set of capital and small letters and one set of numbers .  I made extra of the small letters such as the a, e, n, o, l so that he could spell his name and also his brothers names.
I printed out the letters and numbers  and roughly cut around them and placed the letters on fabric with felt on the bottom.  I stitched around the letters on the line using a very small stitch (1.5), making it easy to pull the paper off the fabric, With a bigger stitch I stitched around the shape of the letter and used pinking shears to cut around the edge of the letters.  What a great way to use up all those odd bits and pieces of fabric, cotton and bobbin thread.  


Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Finally Finished!!!!

I have been making Merry Christmas Bunting for Christmas Presents.  They were all made In the Hoop and I used the design from The Mad Woman of Locke Street.  In the middle of making these I made three lots of Bunting for my Grandsons in their favourite Footy colours so I am a bit sick of bunting at the moment. I still need to make some for my other two grandsons but they can wait for a while.  Tomorrow I will be starting a new project.