Monday 31 October 2011

A Quick and Easy Table Runner


This table runner is made from 3 pieces of fabric the width of the fabric. Cut one piece 7 1/2 inches with a large print. Cut the next piece with a smaller print 5 1/2 inches and for the contrast cut a piece 2 1/2 inches wide. Join long together with the small contrast piece in the middle. Press and cut into 4 1/2 inch pieces. Join the pieces by off setting the contrasting piece in the middle. To get a nice firm flat surface on the front, use some iron on pellon and then quilt. Shape ends or leave as a rectangle. Put on backing and bind. Great for place mats, you can make the runner as small or as big as you like.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Cute runner! I need to make myself more of them. Their a good piece to practice my machine quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fantastic idea,thankyou for sharing this pattern Gayle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog. I just love hearing from you.