Sunday 25 September 2011

The Land of the Dinosaur !!!!!

We spent a night at Hughenden, out west from Townsville on our way to Winton. This is the land of the great Dinosaur.  We have been at Winton for 2 days at the Outback Festival.   Today we will visit another Dinosaur site at Lake Quarry Conservation Park. It is the worlds only recorded evidence of a Dinosaur stampede that is thought to have happened 95 million years ago. The footprints were the inspiration behind the stampede scene in the movie ' Jurassic Park'. You can just see our car and caravan in the background of the photo..
I haven't been able to update my site as my old laptop was not working properly. I now have a nice new one !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog. I just love hearing from you.