Saturday 27 October 2012

Hexagons For FNSI

FNSI so I have decided to do something for myself.  I have had these hexagons cut out for quite a while now and didn't know what to make with them.  My hammock chair needs new cushions so that what I am making with the hexagons.  I am going to need 2 cushions fronts about 24 inches square. I am then going to quilt accross the hexagons with a stipple design (in black) that I bought for my embroidery machine ( which I haven't used yet).  The stipple designs is continuous, so that means that I will have to keep shifting the hoop.  I think that it might be a bit of a challenge the first time I try it.  I just have to use some of the designs that I have bought over the years.  To finish the cushion off I am going to bind it in Black.  Thanks to Bobbi and Heidi for hosting FNSI and for getting me into sewing mode again.

                                                                                  

6 comments:

  1. Gayle your cushions will look fantastic,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gayle
    I'm sure your cushions will look lovely, good luck with using the embroidery machine, it's all good learning...
    what a lovely blog you have... visiting via FNSI

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hexies will make great cushions, well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cushions will be lovely....hexies are a great way to use up those "bits"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great hexi's now im thinking about try these hehe.xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog. I just love hearing from you.