Saturday 6 April 2013

Carrot Gift Bags for Easter


I wanted to make something for my grandsons for Easter.  I decided to make a carrot gift bag.  I was really happy with the way they turned out.  I put some lightweight ironon vilene on the orange fabric an then cut out the carrot shape.  I did a few lines and squiggles to make it look like a carrot in a very small satin stitch. For the leafy top I cut a sort of rounded shape, 4 for each carrot top.  I stitched 2 pieces right sides together leaving about 3/4 inch at each end. Turned  them the right way and stitched the carrot top accross the top, wrong side of carrot and  right side of carrot top ( just a single layer). I then bought the other piece of the carrot top,down over the seam, turned under the edge and stitched close to the edge. This is where I threaded the ribbon. I stitched up the carrot right sides together making sure not to catch the open ends where the ribbon is threaded.  I filled them with Easter goodies.
I thought they looked cute.,  I am always looking for ideas for boys if anyone has any I would love to hear from you.
                   
                                                                                
                                                                                

2 comments:

  1. These are simply charming! I bet the boys loved them! I have made art totes for boys and super hero boxer shorts for them to wear as pj's. Super hero capes... in fact ANY capes go over well, too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww these are SUPER CUTE !!
    HUGS
    Lisa
    xo
    im following you again ive moved profiles
    http://sproutingcreativewings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog. I just love hearing from you.