Sunday 31 May 2015

Dear Allison Quilt Blocks........


My grandson Matthew is turning 18 in a couple of weeks and I have been thinking of making him a quilt.  I couldn't decide on the style.   When I saw this one from Sweet Pea Machine Embroidery Designs, I knew that was what I was going to do.  It is all done on the embroidery machine and the blocks I am making are 5 x 5 inches.  There is also a 4 x 4 and 6 x 6 sizes.  There is a new design each week.  I have been making two of each design in different colours so that I will get it finished a bit sooner.  Well that's the plan anyway.   I am using cutaway for the stabilizer and then the wadding and the design is done on top.   It can be put together how ever you like, with or without sashing, but I am just going to join the blocks and put a backing on and quilt in the ditch.  There is also going to be some blocks for the border.  I am putting the link here, so well worth looking at her beautiful work.  For everyone in Australia, this lady is from Brisbane............
                                                                     





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog. I just love hearing from you.