Friday 30 December 2011

New Years Resolution !!!!

My New Years Resolution is to not leave my Christmas sewing till the last minute again.  I am making these gorgeous little bags from Val Lairds Blog ( free patterns).  I am making the bags out of Christmas fabric ( a great way to use up all that fabric) and then embroidering a design with the persons name and the year 2012. I am going to make a set for all of my family and what a great gift for workmates and friends personalised with their name. Could even make some Birthday ones. The bags have plenty room for little gifts. I have made these two and still have about forty to go.  I also have some little Christmas trees to make and they will use up a lot more of bits and pieces I have lying around my sewing room. I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and may all your deams come true.

4 comments:

  1. I agree...
    these are just so very cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute bags Gayle and happy new year to you also.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. im with you why do we leave it till last min hehehe..they look fab.

    hus
    xo
    ps i found new swap if your interested
    http://fourhappyviolets.blogspot.com/2011/12/stitched-house-ornament-swap.html?showComment=1325244813729#c9220003045158922474

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for starting on 2012! The bags are very cute.
    I am still sewing for Christmas! So either I am behind or I am ahead for next year! This was my most disorganized Christmas. I am trying to plan for next year. My plan is to make something for Christmas every month. Let's hope that works.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog. I just love hearing from you.